Brick + Beam Detroit

Getting Historic District Commission Approval for Projects

Live in a local historic district? If you want to make exterior changes to your building, you need to get approval from the Historic District Commission (HDC) before work begins! HDC commissioner Jim Hamilton has written out step-by-step instructions for what you need to do, how to do it, and who to call!

Don't know if you live in a historic district? Check out our other resource here on how to figure that out! 

Have a rehab question?

Ask a question in our Q&A forum. Experts are standing by.

Ask now
Ask a question in our Q&A forum at Experts are standing by to help!