Brick + Beam Detroit

I purchased a multi family flat and we'd like to get converted to a single family residence. Does the house need to be rezoned, or just new plans and permits?

Asked by Melissa Pettaway at 12:24pm on Jul 22 2020


at 12:38pm on Aug 10 2020

Hi Melissa,
You often don't need to rezone when you "downzone", especially if it's a duplex to a single-family, but I would contact BSEED to be sure.

at 10:52pm on Aug 12 2020

Thank you!

Add your answer

Have a rehab question?

Ask a question in our Q&A forum. Experts are standing by.

Ask now
Ask a question in our Q&A forum at Experts are standing by to help!